We will only use the personal data gathered over this website as set out in this policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used and what control and information rights you may have.
Personal data: means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
Processing: means any operation which is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or any kind of disclosure or other use.
By registering to MARISAPROJECT’s website you declare that:
I consent to the processing of:
- my name
- my email
I consent to the maintenance of the following data for five years:
- my name
- my email
Purpose of Data Processing
The periodic newsletters of MARISAPROJECT is a key communication and dissemination mechanism for us and a channel to provide our valuable stories on MARISAPROJECT’s developments, key findings, forthcoming events and other important news in the fields related to the project. Taking into consideration the above, the MARISAPROJECT Consortium use information held about you in the following ways:
- To send you MARISAPROJECT’s periodic Newsletter;
- To send you invitations for our coming events, workshops, pilots and demonstrations;
- To send you notifications containing key project's findings/developments and lead stories and news related to the project
Categories of data that will be stored
If you consent to the processing of your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, the categories of personal data that will be collected and stored in the MARISAPROJECT Data Warehouse are:
- your name
- your email
The Consortium will process the personal data of subjects according to the present statement and for the purposes declared herein.
Security of Processing
The security and protection of your personal data is very important for the Consortium. The Consortium has undertaken all appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure that the data that are collected in the framework of the present declaration is processed according to the legislation for the protection and storage of your personal data for a period of 5 years after the end of the MARISAPROJECT project for the purposes described above. We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Exercise of your rights
It is noted that according to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016), you may exercise the following rights that derive from the Regulation:
- Right of access and right to rectification for inaccurate personal data.
- Right to erasure of personal data if they are not necessary for service provision.
- Right to restrict processing of your data.
- Right to object to the processing of your data.
- Right to data portability, namely right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form so that they can be transferred to another data processor.
- Additionally, you have the right to submit a written complaint to the responsible supervisory body for personal data protection in each country.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.